The Kettlebell is a great tool that will give you a full body workout. One of the best workout benefits of Kettlebells is the cardio-vascular and anabolic systems that work together during exercises. Their popularity has risen over the last few years due to the exposure from professional athletes ranging from the NFL to MMA using them in their intense workout regimens. Kettlebells can offer you a change up in workout from free weights and also work great in home gyms as alternative to bulky dumbbells that take up extra space.
5 x 5 x 5 Kettlebell Workout Routine
• 5 x Kettlebell Deadlifts – Keep your legs straight and bend over at the waist to lift the Kettlebell up and raise up with a flat back. Roll your shoulders back keeping the weight close to your body until you are standing strait up. Then drop the Kettlebell back down keeping your back flat and repeat.
• 5 x Kettlebell High Pulls – Set the Kettlebell on the floor between your feet. Reach down in a squat position and pull the Kettlebell up in a straight line bending your elbows until it reaches the middle of your chest. Then drop back down while bending your legs and set the Kettle bell back on the ground and repeat. The key to this exercise is to use your hips to generate the pulling motion opposed to your back muscles.
• 5 x Kettlebell Push-ups – Do your pushups with both hands griping the Kettlebell. Go all the way down in the push up position and rise all the way up and repeat.
• 5 x Kettlebell swings – Place the kettle bell on the ground slightly in front with your feet in a squat position. Swing the Kettlebell back between your legs then swing out in front till your arms reach a 90 degree position. You may want to use a lighter weight to avoid overusing your back muscles. Make sure and use your legs and hips to generate the swinging motion.
• 5 x Kettlebell Squats – Hold the Kettlebell between your hands and drop down into a deep squat. Be sure to keep the back flat and do not allow it to round out as you come up. Take special care while lifting the kettle bell up and down from the position where you will hold it for the squats.
Do five reps of all five exercises in a continuous set. Then repeat for a total of five times through your workout circuit. Rest for 2-3 minutes in between sets. Finish your workout off with a 15-20 minute cool down jog and you have a completed your 5 x 5 x 5 Kettlebell workout.