Architecture is the art of making every man-made wonder possible. But these days, it is being used in every aspect of life, even in improving your smile. Modern dentists are now like architects, shaping, reshaping, and enhancing how people look by first changing the way teeth look. These professionals have in fact come a long way in making things possible with your teeth. From whitening to teeth realigning, dentists have the procedures and the expertise that can enhance your smile.
Wearing a Better Smile with Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry pertains to a notch- higher dentistry procedure that results to better teeth appearance and structure. It has become a necessity for people who needs to boost their confidence to communicate better by first, wearing better smiles. Here are some of the prevalent cosmetic dentistry procedures available these days:
• Teeth Whitening. Smoking, drinking tea or coffee, medications and even eating can leave coloring that gets the better of your once pearly white teeth. The same or even whiter teeth can be achieved by undergoing a chemical process known as dental bleaching or new technologies like zoom whitening to dramatically enhance your smile. For best result, consult a licensed dentist.
• Bonding. There is hope for cracked or chipped teeth through the bonding procedure. With a bonding material, a dentist can fill in spaced between teeth or into small cavities to keep an exposed tooth root.
• Veneers. These are porcelain custom shells that can be implanted on the front of the teeth to achieve a new shape or color. That way, teeth with extra spaces between them, chipped or permanently stained can eventually be eliminated in just a few steps.
• Crowns. These may be called caps, too, although are more mistaken as veneers because of their use. They are usually made from ceramic, metal, resin, or porcelain fused to metal materials to cover visible tooth filling, misshapen or discoloured tooth, or hold a dental bridge. Crowns may be permanent or not but if taken well care of, they usually last very long. The materials and making of these dental cosmetics are expensive though, making them the last resort of most dentists.
• Enamel Shaping and Contouring. Overlapping or crooked teeth can truly affect a person’s confidence, keeping them from smiling too often or worst aloof. Thanks to enamel shaping and contouring, these teeth problems as well as the shape, length, or position of the teeth can be altered appropriately to get those healthy, normal teeth everyone truly desires.
• Braces. Another important dental cosmetic procedure is the use of braces. This is the procedure that uses brace structure in the hope of correcting wrong positioned or crooked teeth structure. It is also usually used to correct jaw joint disorder, positioning and even bite disorders.
• Bridges. These materials are basically used to replace real teeth. They are fixed partial denture that may be made from porcelain, gold, alloys or even a combination of these materials. They are then fixed onto the false teeth that usually come with the work. Since the success of bridges depends on the foundation, oral hygiene is very important.
All these are the common cosmetic dentistry that can enhance your smile. These are easy procedures that can help boost your smile and confidence along the way.