We’ve all overindulged once or twice (or a few dozen times) and when that happens the need to get rid of the pounding headache, ache from the bright lights and the horrible nausea is pretty bad. So how do you go about it? Simple, by using these tried and true hangover cures to get back in the saddle and feeling better once again.
1. Sleep – You would be surprised what a few hours of rest will do for a hangover. If you’ve got work call in sick, sleep is your friend at this point and work may not even be viable if you’ve indulged to the point of anything and everything making you want to upchuck all over your boss’s desk.
2. Drink Lots and Lots of Water – Water is a tried and true hangover cure that flushes the alcohol from your body. Additionally, one of the biggest causes of a hangover can be dehydration and once your body is back to a healthy water level you’ll be feeling much better.
3. Sports Drinks – Sports drinks such as Gatorade or Powerade can help your body to rehydrate itself as well as bring up your electrolyte levels to where they need to be. The taste may not be all that great when you’re hungover, but a 16oz bottle can get you feeling better within a matter of hours.
4. Greasy Breakfast – Though there isn’t any solid research into the reason behind this hangover cure, a greasy breakfast can help to get the hangover gone in no time at all.
5. Bloody Mary – Introducing a small amount of alcohol into your system the morning after can help to give your body a jump and combined with the tomato and celery found in a Bloody Mary, you will get a boost in vitamins that can help speed up the recovery process.
6. Alka Seltzer – Alka Seltzer is a tried and true hangover cure that can get your mind and body perked up and forgetting the hazy, achy mess you were in just a little while before. Drop one of these suckers in a glass of water and let the magic happen.
7. Aspirin – When it comes to hangover cures aspirin is a great way to get rid of the achy pains of the hangover without exacerbating it. Other pain relievers such as Tylenol and Ibuprofen can just make a hangover worse, so stock up on aspirin for mornings when a hangover cure is needed.