One of the many great things you can do to jump start your healthy diet is to whip up some great dishes in the kitchen! There is nothing quite like the aroma and delicious taste of a few fresh creations. One great dish that is easy and tasty is healthy granola. Granola is one of those great foods that are totally versatile. You can have it alone as a snack, on yogurt, with skim milk, even on ice cream. A great healthy treat any time of day. However, like many things out there, some store bought granola is loaded with preservatives and added un-necessary sugars. Precisely why making your own granola is so amazing! Its all natural with a touch of all natural sweetener~ Pure Honey!
• 4 cups of Rolled Oats
• 1 cup sliced Almonds
• 1 cup raw Sunflower seeds
• ¼ Flax seeds
• 1/3 cup Canola Oil
• ½ cup Honey
• 1 tsp Vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp ground Cinnamon
• ½ cup sweetened Dried cranberries
• Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
• In a large bowl, stir oats, nuts, & sunflower seeds. In a separate bowl mix oil, honey, vanilla extract, & cinnamon. Add to the oat, nut, & seed mixture and mix well.
• Spread mixture onto two ungreased baking sheets.
• Bake in oven for 10 minutes, remove & stir. Return to the oven and bake until granola mixture is golden brown. This should take about 10 more minutes. Once golden remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
• Once completely cooled mix in the sweetened dried cranberries.
• Serve & Enjoy!
While waiting for the granola to cook utilize that time to move! Grab your medicine ball and do some squats & lunges. Don’t have a medicine ball then grab a gallon of water/milk.