Adding a little spice to your favorite dish does more than just improve the flavor. Research has shown there are many weight loss benefits associated with spices in your diet. Instead of choking down that dry chicken breast kick it up a notch with a little cayenne punch or ginger garlic rub . Check out these spices for weight loss to add to your next meal for a flavor boost while trimming your waist.
• Black Pepper – The active ingredient Piperine in black pepper works by stopping new fat cells from forming in the body. It is also known to decrease inflammation and pain, reduce cholesterol, stabilize blood sugar, and reduce levels of blood fat.
• Cayenne Pepper – The spicy heat in the cayenne pepper called capsaicin has been shown to lower and triglycerides and blood cholesterol , add a boost to your immune system, and reduce your risk of stomach ulcers. Contrary to popular belief that spicy peppers cause ulcers they actually act as a preventative measure by killing ulcer casing bacteria.
• Garlic – Garlic is a known as a diuretic. What that means is it flushes your system of extra water weight and decreases your appetite by upping your levels epinephrine and norepinephrine in your body.
• Ginger – The active ingredient in ginger is called Gingerol it causes the bodies production of growth hormone to go up which in turn increases the amount of fat released from you fat stores as you burn calories throughout the day.
• Cumin – A spice that is commonly used in Mediterranean and Indian food works wonders on your metabolism. Studies have shown that Cumin ads a boost to your immune system, ups the bodies metabolism, burns fats quicker and acts as a natural detoxification agent for your body.
• Cinnamon – This is one of the wonderful spices for weight loss that can add a little sweetness while bringing some pretty impressive health benefits to the table. It has been associated with lowering bad cholesterol levels, and regulating blood sugar which lowers the rate at which your body stores fat. So add a dash on your toast or muffin in the morning or sprinkle some in your apple juice for a cinnamon apple treat.