The first date is kind of like an audition. You want to set the best first impression possible so if the girl you take out is someone you are interested in you’ll get a call back. No matter where you go there is always going to be the awkwardness and anxiety of exchanging information about friends, family, jobs, ect. so make it easier on yourself by avoiding these places on your first date.
1. Nightclub/ Bar – Going to a crowded club or bar is not the best environment to get to know someone. The music is loud, chances are you will be standing a majority of the time and you have to deal with other drunken patrons. Bottom line, stick to somewhere with a little less distractions like a restaurant or maybe a coffee shop.
2. Out with Friends – All relationships at one point or another must pass the friend test. However the first date is not a good time to introduce someone you’re going out with to the whole gang. She might feel like she is on the spot and trying to impress everyone and your attention might be spread too thin to make your own conversation.
3. Romantic Movies – Any movie is really not the best place to take a first date. It’s dark and quiet and definitely not a good place to talk and get to know each other. Even more if you go to a romantic comedy you’re setting yourself up to never be as romantic as the guy on screen. So unless you have a flash mob waiting outside with a special serenade skip the movie for later on in the relationship.
4. At Your Place – Bringing a girl over to your place for a first date sends the message that you are either cheap, boring or horny. None of which make for a great first impression. Step up your game and choose a nice venue outside the house.
5. Family Function – The first date is way too early to be meeting the family. Not only can it be super awkward for her just think if she turns out to be some kind of lunatic you always have your family “what ever happened to that one girl you brought over?” Spare and your date the trouble and keep the family introductions for serious relationships only.