Let’s be honest with each other for a minute, guys. We are all really quick to criticize the ladies when it comes to all the “crazy” things like Plastic Surgery they do in the pursuit of looking young. But the truth is, we take just as much notice of those lines by our eyes, the increasing number of gray hairs filling in around our temples, or the exact position of our hairline through the years. It’s okay. We all want to look the way we did when we were in our prime. Less okay are the extreme methods some men are willing to take in the pursuit of youth.
- Plastic surgery among men has increased 32% over the past three years.
- Men are also becoming increasingly popular users of minimally-invasive procedures like Botox, Restylane and collagen injections.
- Surgical treatments range from eyelid and brow lifts to male breast reduction for reversing signs of aging to abdominal and calf implants to create the appearance of youthful fitness.
- Costs range from a few hundred to several thousand dollars, per treatment, per surgery.
- Recovery time can take just a few days or as long as three to four weeks.
- Side effects include numbness, paralysis, “botched” appearance, discomfort, swelling, bruising, scarring and more.
How’s that for crazy? Doesn’t it just make more sense to invest in maintenance and prevention – and skip all the risks and side effects? We think so. Aging and our bodies comes down to a simple equation: Input = Output. If you give your body the things it needs to maintain itself, it will respond in kind. Pumping your body full of unnecessary and unnatural drugs or cutting it up with surgery actually hinders the body’s ability to combat aging. That’s the reason why people never seem to stop at one cosmetic procedure… they’ve seen some results, but now they’re noticing more “problem” areas… so they have another procedure… and the body keeps aging and aging. It’s a treadmill that keeps going and going until someone runs out of money or runs out of time. Just a little something to remember the next time you think cosmetic surgery is the answer to your anti-aging dilemma.