Looking handsome and stylish is always a plus, but for some men it’s a challenge to pick clothing that fits well and looks good on you. Some men know just the right shirt to pair with the right jacket or pants, but others can’t put a pair of jeans and a button up shirt together without having issues. If you are the type to flounder when it comes to dressing yourself and doing it well, have no fear because fashion tips are here. Below you’ll find a few fashion tips to help even the most fashion challenged man look stylish and fashion capable.
1. Fit is Key – One of the most important choices you can make with your wardrobe is to choose clothing that fits your body. It doesn’t have to be tight, but your clothes should curve around your muscles, legs, arms, etc to show off what you’ve got hiding under that baggy t-shirt. Fitted clothes can do a world of good to make you look suave and debonair without even trying.
2. Don’t Over Do It – Some men over dress, piling on accessories and multiple colors like they are going out of style. Don’t do this. Keep things simple and uncomplicated for a more polished look. You can choose one or two items that draw the eye like a flashy jacket or a watch, but keep the rest of the outfit as simple as possible to keep the eyes of innocent bystanders from going crazy with all the distractions.
3. Casual Doesn’t Have to Mean Jeans and a T-shirt – Just because you decide to go casual doesn’t mean that it automatically has to be a basic choice of jeans and a t-shirt. Make casual as fun by choosing layers or accessories that give you a funky casual look that the woman in your life will swoon over.
4. Get a Great Pair of Shoes – Like the saying goes “the clothes can make the man” and this includes shoes. No matter how high-end and superb the fit of your clothes, if you have a pair of shoes that are worn and scuffed or don’t pair well with your clothes, your well thought out look will be for nothing. A good pair of shoes is something women notice and if you invest in a pair or two you will see how much the attention you get from the ladies improves.
5. Don’t Follow the Trends Just to be a Part of the Crowd – Trends are what they are; sometimes they are works of genius and other times… not so much. Pick and choose which trends to integrate into your wardrobe based upon if you like them or not. It’s vital that you like and feel good in all the clothes you wear because all the finest clothes in the world won’t make you feel as confident as you would in your favorite jacket or pair of jeans.